Author Topic: BGB Qt Client Post Disaster  (Read 20585 times)

Snailbrain

• Developer
    • View Profile
Re: BGB Qt Client Post Disaster
« Reply #15 on: July 18, 2014, 09:41:36 AM »
... And the gather bots see the attack coming and either defend or just leave... :)

This is why this game being so simple is yet complicated as we could go round and round...

definitely agree

--

i used client - (i made a mistake at disaster though, so i was 10 blocks behind.. very upset - i was editing the wrong config file in another folder lol) --

seems with just 25 bots the client becomes really unresponsive - yet seems to still be working (issuing moves etc - although block number seems to lag behind a bit)
to make more responsive i lowered max moves down to 1

still liking it though.

Just missing auto destruct :d (or guard mode)

Snailbrain

• Developer
    • View Profile
« Reply #16 on: July 18, 2014, 09:43:37 AM »
also.. not sure how i have 15 connections..?

i dont have port forwarding setup or upnp enabled?

(min 8 connections disabled?)
« Last Edit: July 18, 2014, 09:50:25 AM by Snailbrain »

Snailbrain

• Developer
    • View Profile
« Reply #17 on: July 18, 2014, 10:54:05 AM »
seems i had/have 1 player which is stuck pending.. this tries to do a tx every block .. stopping this general in config file seems to have made wallet come alive again.

Snailbrain

• Developer
    • View Profile
« Reply #18 on: July 18, 2014, 02:34:54 PM »
 bit more info

player wasn't stuck pending.. but client keep trying to move it.
I also # it out but still tried

EDIT: USER ERROR OBVIOUSLY == I had same name twice in my bot list

works like a treat for disaster block tho - if you get them out fast enough

on ram drive this works amazingly well..

I think it coudl use auto wallet backup using backupwallet rpc while running.. to some set location on hard drive.. every 80tx do backup and append date on the end..
also - using new specified wallet command, the wallet could be on ram drive, along with symbolic link of 1 or 2 highly access dat files from datadir.

probably run like a dream,,, i'm using ram drive for all datafolder atm though.
« Last Edit: July 18, 2014, 02:52:55 PM by Snailbrain »

CoinHunter

• View Profile
« Reply #19 on: July 19, 2014, 12:38:30 AM »
... And the gather bots see the attack coming and either defend or just leave... :)

This is why this game being so simple is yet complicated as we could go round and round...
My bot has this function, but I found it's only useful in mine pool near home, which has normal  entrance. but the mine pool far from home, with tons of coins and narrow entrance, just put 2 or 3 generals in entrance, this algorithm of  protection will lose efficacy.   I think this is a bug of map design.

inkha

• View Profile
« Reply #20 on: July 19, 2014, 03:55:57 AM »
I wonder if the map can be changed? multiple routes through the trees to the middle would be neat to allow more ways out of the mines

Mithril Man

• View Profile
    • Mithril Man Web!
« Reply #21 on: July 19, 2014, 09:12:48 AM »
I wonder if the map can be changed? multiple routes through the trees to the middle would be neat to allow more ways out of the mines

it can but will mean an hard fork will be needed
I think something will be done in future about map(s) but nothing expected soon
Alternative GUI client for Huntercoin http://www.mithrilman.com
HUC donation: HMSCYGYJ5wo9FiniVU4pXWGUu8E8PSmoHE
BTC donation: 1DKLf1QKAZ5njucq37pZhMRG67qXDP3vPC

Snailbrain

• Developer
    • View Profile
« Reply #22 on: July 19, 2014, 06:50:58 PM »

My bot has this function, but I found it's only useful in mine pool near home, which has normal  entrance. but the mine pool far from home, with tons of coins and narrow entrance, just put 2 or 3 generals in entrance, this algorithm of  protection will lose efficacy.   I think this is a bug of map design.

If someone is coming with lots of money from the centre, they should expect to be attacked and send hunters to kill any "bandits".

Originally it was intended that the sides would be controlled by 1 colour (not 2)... i think with auto attack and some more features this may happen.

anyway, the map certainly could be improved, but it's not a priority at the moment.

BGB

• Global Moderator
    • View Profile
« Reply #23 on: July 19, 2014, 07:09:33 PM »
Originally it was intended that the sides would be controlled by 1 colour (not 2)... i think with auto attack and some more features this may happen.

At times I tried to control this and prevent other colors from overtaking another colors area through attacking, guarding, and actively hunting them, and was pretty successful. Of course I am not doing any of that right now, but probably in a couple more disaster cycles I may jump back in.

I know zy0n is working on some things and I have seen some players with that name in the game. Hopefully, its some of his new bots being tested. I supplied zy0n all my pre-disaster source code. Most of it is pretty much obsolete in the new environment though without the notion of 'teams' being immediately availble. I have been updating my code base with the intention to allow any character to have its own bot strategy so I can institute an algorithm that will decide what is the best way to allocate characters within a client to achieve a certain objective.

Am hoping to see some good things come from an updated client from zy0n.
« Last Edit: July 19, 2014, 07:13:36 PM by BGB »

BGB

• Global Moderator
    • View Profile
« Reply #24 on: August 05, 2014, 02:19:49 PM »
Github is updated with the 1.0.11e merge.

client download:
https://mega.co.nz/#!E5xwABZD!5fy5vGnTPbbd8W7wwue9ElonYh2CABGy0GAjTa_u2wA
« Last Edit: August 05, 2014, 03:33:10 PM by BGB »

inkha

• View Profile
« Reply #25 on: August 05, 2014, 04:58:58 PM »
Thanks!:)

BGB

• Global Moderator
    • View Profile
« Reply #26 on: September 11, 2014, 07:16:15 PM »
With MithralMan working on his bot framework, and domob's release, and the reduced playership right now, I am not sure anybody is actually using this. If you want an update for the pruning versions etc... let me know. Otherwise I don't see a need to update it at this point.