Author Topic: syncronization  (Read 5112 times)

davidwpenny2

• View Profile
syncronization
« on: November 27, 2014, 03:51:32 PM »
I downloaded the wallet from the Huntercoin site.  I then brought it up on the computer and it says that it is not connected to any network.  So, of course, I cannot get it synced.

It is 11:50pm, 27 Nov, here in the Philippines where I am.  Was the system down for some reason?

I will try again tomorrow.

redbeans2012

Re: syncronization
« Reply #1 on: November 27, 2014, 03:56:02 PM »
David follow the download link in this thread.

http://forum.huntercoin.org/index.php?topic=191.0

After downloading run the installer. (might see some warnings from windows and chrome).

After installer finishes then open up QT and let it sync the rest of the way.

This will make you up and running in an hour or so, instead of a week or so.

davidwpenny2

• View Profile
« Reply #2 on: December 02, 2014, 06:48:39 AM »
Okay.  I did what you said, but when I bring up QT and look at the box in the lower right hand corner that has the computer screens or something like that in it, there is a red "x".  When I highlight that red x it says "0 active connection(s) to Huntercoin network."

I don't know enough about the wallet to know if the network connections are set correctly or not---  there are two entries:  the one that is checked is the one that says "Map port using UPnP."  The other box that is not checked wants to connect through SOCKS proxy and it gives:  Proxy IP-- 127.0.0.1; Port: 9050; and SOCKS Version-- 5.

So now what would you suggest?

David

PS:   don't know if I will ever use this wallet or not because I do not have a miner.  I only have my desk top computer and I am new to this crypto "stuff."  This from what I read sounded promising, but what do I know?  So I would have tofind the coins in a faucet or elsewhere.

redbeans2012

« Reply #3 on: December 02, 2014, 07:09:43 AM »
Okay.  I did what you said, but when I bring up QT and look at the box in the lower right hand corner that has the computer screens or something like that in it, there is a red "x".  When I highlight that red x it says "0 active connection(s) to Huntercoin network."

I don't know enough about the wallet to know if the network connections are set correctly or not---  there are two entries:  the one that is checked is the one that says "Map port using UPnP."  The other box that is not checked wants to connect through SOCKS proxy and it gives:  Proxy IP-- 127.0.0.1; Port: 9050; and SOCKS Version-- 5.

So now what would you suggest?

David

PS:   don't know if I will ever use this wallet or not because I do not have a miner.  I only have my desk top computer and I am new to this crypto "stuff."  This from what I read sounded promising, but what do I know?  So I would have tofind the coins in a faucet or elsewhere.

It should connect.  If I remember correctly for some reason it took 5 or 10 minutes to finally find a connection.

I recommend using the MM client after you get it synced though

Snailbrain

• Developer
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: December 02, 2014, 06:57:44 PM »
if you are not getting any connections, it's most definitely a networking issue on your side

make sure your firewall is not blocking it, or even your ISP

davidwpenny2

• View Profile
« Reply #5 on: January 01, 2015, 01:09:46 PM »
Well, I am getting back to this again.  I got an account on f2pool and found that they have Huntercoin as one of the address they want put in.

I am downloading from MEGA what is being called the last msi version that you will be doing. 

In the mean time I brought up version 1.0.13 which I installed in early December.  I left it running for over three hours and it still hasn't made a connection to the network.  I have DEVcoin, Litecoin, Paycoin, Vertcoin, and several others all using QT versions.  All have synced with no problem.

What am I possibly doing wrong here?  Should I just wait until I have the version downloaded from MEGA (which I assume is 1.0.13b that is being talked about elsewhere in the forum), install it, and then see if it will sync?

Thanks, again, in advance for any input you can give me.

BGB

• Global Moderator
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: January 01, 2015, 02:56:26 PM »
You will need v1.1 to get past the 500,000 block hard fork.

I also have had some problems getting peers lately. Maybe snail can speak to the status of the nodes that are listed on bitcointalk and the .org site. I have opened the ports on my ded server to use as a node so you can try adding it also.

addnode=67.225.171.185

P.S.

If you really want to make some HUC without buying, you can probably make more by running a MithralMan bot instead of merge mining via f2pool. Running a bot could be considered like turning on your miner and checking it occasionally.
« Last Edit: January 01, 2015, 03:08:48 PM by BGB »

davidwpenny2

• View Profile
« Reply #7 on: January 02, 2015, 02:35:05 PM »
Okay.  Sorry but I am real newbie to cryptocoins and I am also a novice with computers.  My computer is a desktop that the entire family uses for different things.

I downloaded v1.1 and have now installed it.  It has only been installed about 5 minutes and still no network connections.  Someone else mentioned that it took him 10-15 minutes to get any connections.  So I will let it run overnight and see what happens.  I live in the Philippines so I will be going to bed now (it is 10:35pm here now) and then I will check it in the morning and let you know.

Thanks for telling me about v1.1.  Hopefully that is the problem.

davidwpenny2

• View Profile
« Reply #8 on: January 04, 2015, 01:09:02 PM »
Still not synching.  So I have no idea what is wrong.  Just won't make network connection, but all my other qts do with no problem.

Snailbrain

• Developer
    • View Profile
« Reply #9 on: January 14, 2015, 10:09:08 PM »
strangely, i remember others having trouble in the Philippines (getting connections)...

a long time ago tho

davidwpenny2

• View Profile
« Reply #10 on: February 27, 2015, 09:51:11 AM »
so it looks like i am out of luck running this since i am in the philippines.  it never comes up with a connection to the network---just a "x" over the network connection "box".

Well, I have a huntercoin address but i guess i will never get to it.  hehehehe

Snailbrain

• Developer
    • View Profile
« Reply #11 on: February 27, 2015, 09:57:29 AM »
so it looks like i am out of luck running this since i am in the philippines.  it never comes up with a connection to the network---just a "x" over the network connection "box".

if that's indeed the problem--
you could use a VPN maybe (maybe there's a service with a free trial for you to test)

you can also try

Code: [Select]
addnode=178.62.17.234
in your huntercoin.conf

davidwpenny2

• View Profile
« Reply #12 on: June 02, 2015, 02:06:59 PM »

if that's indeed the problem--
you could use a VPN maybe (maybe there's a service with a free trial for you to test)

you can also try

Code: [Select]
addnode=178.62.17.234
in your huntercoin.conf

I am going to try this again.  I reinstalled version 1.1.0 and let it sit for over two hours---never got any network connection.

It will not connect to the network.  I do not have this problem with any of my other QTs I have on my computer--they all connect and in a very short time.

I am in the Philippines.  Is this the reason?

Also, I would try what you ask about adding it to huntercoin.conf but when I search, I find no such animal.

Any suggestions?

Is there a more current release I should be installing?  Will my wallet still work in it?

PS:  download release 1.2 from MEGA (huntercoin.msi).  installed it.  has been sitting there for almost 40 minutes and still no connections.  searched for huntercoin.conf again and it is not on my computer.
« Last Edit: June 02, 2015, 02:27:21 PM by davidwpenny2 »

Snailbrain

• Developer
    • View Profile
« Reply #13 on: June 02, 2015, 09:20:04 PM »
if you are on windows :

huntercoin.conf is in

c:/users/<username>/appdata/roaming/huntercoin/

you can create it if it's not there, but it should auto create it now i believe.

Maybe it's something to do with connecting to IRC (which it uses to find other nodes) - i think most other coins use something different (dns seeds?)

you could also post your debug.log in the same directory as huntercoin so we can see any possible issues..

davidwpenny2

• View Profile
« Reply #14 on: June 03, 2015, 02:32:24 AM »
if you are on windows :

huntercoin.conf is in

c:/users/<username>/appdata/roaming/huntercoin/

you can create it if it's not there, but it should auto create it now i believe.

Maybe it's something to do with connecting to IRC (which it uses to find other nodes) - i think most other coins use something different (dns seeds?)

you could also post your debug.log in the same directory as huntercoin so we can see any possible issues..

found it.  changed the op address to what it said above.  still no connection after almost an hour.

i see where there is now a beta 3 or something of the sort.  should i download and install that and see what happens?