Author Topic: syncronization  (Read 5481 times)

Snailbrain

• Developer
    • View Profile
Re: syncronization
« Reply #15 on: June 03, 2015, 06:29:30 AM »
if you are on windows :

huntercoin.conf is in

c:/users/<username>/appdata/roaming/huntercoin/

you can create it if it's not there, but it should auto create it now i believe.

Maybe it's something to do with connecting to IRC (which it uses to find other nodes) - i think most other coins use something different (dns seeds?)

you could also post your debug.log in the same directory as huntercoin so we can see any possible issues..

found it.  changed the op address to what it said above.  still no connection after almost an hour.

i see where there is now a beta 3 or something of the sort.  should i download and install that and see what happens?

that's for something different. You still need a working daemon or qt to get the unity3d client to work.

i'll try to respond later tonight

fsb4000

• View Profile
« Reply #16 on: June 04, 2015, 03:19:45 AM »
if you are on windows :

huntercoin.conf is in

you can create it if it's not there, but it should auto create it now i believe.

Maybe it's something to do with connecting to IRC (which it uses to find other nodes) - i think most other coins use something different (dns seeds?)

you could also post your debug.log in the same directory as huntercoin so we can see any possible issues..

found it.  changed the op address to what it said above.  still no connection after almost an hour.

i see where there is now a beta 3 or something of the sort.  should i download and install that and see what happens?
try change huntercoin.conf to
Code: [Select]
rpcuser=user
rpcpassword=<your_long_password>
rpcallowip=127.0.0.1
addnode=67.225.171.185
addnode=178.62.17.234
addnode=5.166.80.38

davidwpenny2

• View Profile
« Reply #17 on: June 05, 2015, 02:18:19 PM »
if you are on windows :

huntercoin.conf is in

try change huntercoin.conf to
rpcuser=user
rpcpassword=<your_long_password>
rpcallowip=127.0.0.1
addnode=67.225.171.185
addnode=178.62.17.234
addnode=5.166.80.38

okay.  i copy and pasted exactly what you said to put in huntercoin.conf and it still will not connect to a network.  it says "0 active connection(s) to Huntercoin network"

i know next to nothing about this stuff.  sorry.
when i click on options and click on network, the box is checked that says "Map port using UPnP"
i don't know what more to look at.

Snailbrain

• Developer
    • View Profile
« Reply #18 on: June 05, 2015, 11:17:43 PM »
who is your internet provider and are you part of some university network or something like that?

Snailbrain

• Developer
    • View Profile
« Reply #19 on: June 06, 2015, 08:58:09 PM »
Hi Icon,

I think you have a different issue than this user.

If you want - I can have a look remotely for you

Snailbrain

• Developer
    • View Profile
« Reply #20 on: June 07, 2015, 01:30:37 PM »
Well seems i got the same issues now, didn't have it before today but looking at the debug.log i see this:

IRC connect failed
IRC waiting 138 seconds to reconnect

is the irc bots/network down?

Icon

PS

Forgot to add that's with the added nodes in the huntercoin.conf file

addnode=192.241.222.65
addnode=192.81.209.210
addnode=178.32.31.41

could be an IRC issue - i've just tested from scratch in a fresh data dir (no addr.dat etc) - I saw a similar issue to you.

if anyone else gets the issue try >>

addnode=178.62.17.234
addnode=192.99.247.234

Hopefully this won't be an issue when we move away from IRC with huntercore..

seems IRC server maybe dead
« Last Edit: June 07, 2015, 01:56:38 PM by Snailbrain »