Author Topic: Not Showing your Hand until it's too Late CONCEPT for Combat  (Read 4374 times)

wiggi

• Global Moderator
    • View Profile
Re: Not Showing your Hand until it's too Late CONCEPT for Combat
« Reply #15 on: July 27, 2015, 06:54:24 PM »
Yes, if invisible hunters are vulnerable they must be forced to uncloak in time, on pain of death.

If the invisible are invulnerable but have to complete their 15 blocks move (new move can be sent early, but is on hold until the 15 block are up, and of course contains the uncloaking password) AND the special ability of a different class/color of hunters is to place a trap, or throw a trap a short distance in direction of their characterstate.dir (trap can be cloaked or visible) it's balanced in a 1v1 match, and both abilities are more useful in tight spaces.

1x1 radius would make them probably useless.

With 3x3 radius + FFA + not move for 10 blocks after uncloaking, it wouldn't really help to uncloak several of them in consecutive blocks on adjacent tiles...

domob

• Developer
    • View Profile
Re: Not Showing your Hand until it's too Late CONCEPT for Combat
« Reply #16 on: July 28, 2015, 05:50:33 AM »
Just a thought if we do not want the invisible hunters to be invulnerable (or in case of traps), one could do the following to avoid having to keep track of all attacked tiles of the last few blocks (but that also wouldn't be too difficult, IMHO - it's not that much data):  After uncloaking, anyone or at least the attacking player has time to submit proof of killing the invisible hunter (with a special tx that includes, for instance, the height of the previous game state and the attacking player - this can be checked more easily).  Mining this tx would kill the uncloaked hunter, and it could give part of its life to the miner (to incentivise quick mining) and parts to the proving player.

My opinion on this idea, however, is that it is not worth the extra complication.  As I wrote, I think it should be fine to keep a list of the attacked tiles for the last few moves in memory, if we decide that from a game logic point-of-view, invisible hunters should not be invulnerable.
Use your Namecoin-ID as OpenID: https://nameid.org/
Donations: 1domobKsPZ5cWk2kXssD8p8ES1qffGUCm | HBkxA5QmYSATFoPN1wFk8eBkgwPpY97Mfu