Author Topic: Game Fund > Crown of Fortune  (Read 1339 times)

Snailbrain

• Developer
    • View Profile
Game Fund > Crown of Fortune
« on: March 22, 2016, 11:11:44 AM »
as per my post here for coinfest comp > http://forum.huntercoin.org/index.php/topic,22250.0.html

I think we could use the game fund for now by doing something like :

1k (or 2k better i think) coins to whomever has the crown of fortune every 1200 blocks. 1200 blocks so it passes through different time zones.

?

Mithril Man

• View Profile
    • Mithril Man Web!
Re: Game Fund > Crown of Fortune
« Reply #1 on: March 22, 2016, 12:30:05 PM »
technically we can't use game funds right now, it would require an hard fork, doesn't it?

And I think that we should prevent crown to sit somewhere, so we should add something like "take crown and go to cell xxx,yyy
Alternative GUI client for Huntercoin http://www.mithrilman.com
HUC donation: HMSCYGYJ5wo9FiniVU4pXWGUu8E8PSmoHE
BTC donation: 1DKLf1QKAZ5njucq37pZhMRG67qXDP3vPC

Snailbrain

• Developer
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: March 22, 2016, 01:28:10 PM »
technically we can't use game funds right now, it would require an hard fork, doesn't it?

And I think that we should prevent crown to sit somewhere, so we should add something like "take crown and go to cell xxx,yyy

yes would need a hard fork to use gamefunds.

capture the flag style is good as well (think thread somewhere).

sirwagginston

• View Profile
« Reply #3 on: March 28, 2016, 03:58:16 AM »
While that sounds like a really cool idea, I think that some other opportunity to use the Fund will come up in the future that we can't even imagine, yet. It's difficult to anticipate how decentralized projects will evolve on the free market, and we have a lot of great publicity momentum right now, anyways. By the time we're really in need of a marketing boost, those coins will be worth way more. :)

Snailbrain

• Developer
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: March 29, 2016, 01:22:51 PM »
after some more thought on this:

it should of course be a % of Game Funds (maybe 0.5%)

also, if moving from place X to place Y, the destination to take the flag(crown) could reset each time the flag is dropped , otherwise someone is going to do all the leg work and there will be someone waiting every time at the destination -he can just set his alarm and wait..
but then there is an issue in which people will kill themselves to keep changing the destination..
so, the destination should each time be a minimum of XX blocks from where it is dropped?

although people can be waiting, they at least need to do the entire journey again..

thoughts?
« Last Edit: March 29, 2016, 09:35:24 PM by Snailbrain »

sirwagginston

• View Profile
« Reply #5 on: March 30, 2016, 01:04:16 AM »
Why not just have the Crown's banking location reset each time it's banked? That still prevents dominating the bank location but makes killing oneself a useless tactic

Snailbrain

• Developer
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: April 07, 2016, 12:29:55 PM »
Why not just have the Crown's banking location reset each time it's banked? That still prevents dominating the bank location but makes killing oneself a useless tactic

yeh there could be a random crown only bank somewhere maybe.