Author Topic: [ANN] Huntercoin Core - ready for first testing  (Read 7503 times)

Snailbrain

• Developer
    • View Profile
Re: [ANN] Huntercoin Core - ready for first testing
« Reply #60 on: October 13, 2016, 06:16:11 PM »
full resynced - same thing, don't seem to be able to issue any commands apart from creating a new hunter.

will keep testing

Snailbrain

• Developer
    • View Profile
« Reply #61 on: October 13, 2016, 07:10:30 PM »
transferred the wallet from huntercore which could have been slightly screwed due to whatever happened, to oldschool huntercoin and it rescanned from block 0 and all working.

so looks like you can transfer a wallet.

I first transferred a backup wallet which i backed up before i started making hunters on huntercore (the 2nd time round). it showed no names in the oldschool client and less coins, i did do a -rescan -reindex (not sure it did anything) -updatewallet
i thought that 1k keys are reserved so i would have thought it would have worked - but i could be misunderstanding how the "key pool" works.. ?

i'll try to checkout huntercore some more tomorrow with -debug=all

-
edit:
atm, each time I issue a name_update, it's causing the daemon on ubuntu to not be able to shutdown (but does not crash). again, it was working fine the first time round. and the wallet is working in original-huntercoin daemon.

1 thing, this chain hadn't sync'd from scratch, wonder if related...
« Last Edit: October 13, 2016, 07:30:44 PM by Snailbrain »

Snailbrain

• Developer
    • View Profile
« Reply #62 on: October 14, 2016, 10:53:03 AM »
if anyone else is able to test and confirm the issues i'm having that would be great

Snailbrain

• Developer
    • View Profile
« Reply #63 on: October 17, 2016, 04:20:40 PM »
i got the same issues on windows.. would not shut down the qt after trying to do movies through RPC.

i managed to create some names manually in the console and move them.. and the unity client worked too..

it seems intermittent (the worst sort of problem).

really need some other testers please

jwinterm

• View Profile
« Reply #64 on: October 22, 2016, 04:08:44 AM »
Is there any guide for creating and moving hunters by RPC, or is it just "use the source, Luke"?

wiggi

• Global Moderator
    • View Profile
« Reply #65 on: October 22, 2016, 04:21:40 PM »
Is there any guide for creating and moving hunters by RPC, or is it just "use the source, Luke"?

It would be the latter, but in some pics if the forum you see the client showing the transactions as plain text.

Example: http://i.imgur.com/5UfrEOR.jpg

This is also the format that you would use if moving hunters by RPC. The console accepts the same format, only need escape characters, \" instead of "

« Last Edit: October 22, 2016, 04:27:09 PM by wiggi »