Author Topic: gameFund - 2017  (Read 967 times)

foglight

• View Profile
gameFund - 2017
« on: October 10, 2016, 04:10:50 PM »
"gameFund" : 1159624.34093456,
"height" : 1422789,

This is a lot of coins relative to total supply. How it is distributed will have a significant impact on the ecosystem.

What are the current thoughts on how and when to start using the gameFund?

Mithril Man

• View Profile
    • Mithril Man Web!
Re: gameFund - 2017
« Reply #1 on: October 10, 2016, 05:22:06 PM »
I fear a big part of that gamefund comes from my attempt of pvp during past monts after insane fee increase :|

Anyway about its usage, it's under discussion, imho it shouldn't be used to fund devs or marketing but only for ingame purpose, because that funds was created with that purpose and i'm against changing its goal.

I think that using it to spread money around in random places at specific times during the day ("it's raining coins!") could be a funny (AND SIMPLE) way to start using it.
e.g. like if every 4 hour (240 blocks), for 1 hour (60 blocks), 50 hucs per block are distribuited randomly over the map (roughly 3000 coins per event)

next step could be a little trickier: the gamefunds could be used to create random NPC enemies that carry some, that can be both aggressive (they could kill humans) or passive (they run away) in order to implement a simple ingame AI, that would be more unpredictable than human because it doesn't require to wait the tx confirmation in order to move and human players can't know for sure where the enemy is going the next block (no pending move to see). Of course it will have a predictable AI, but if the next move consider some randomness than it could work, and anyway hunting for NPC could be funny.

Those implementation aren't hard to implement if someone knows QT/C++ (first one would be really easy) but this isn't my duty nor my environment (I haven't a QT environment ready), I wish i had time to dive into it but I haven't and it seems no one really spend time on this.

Hopefully if the price climb up like today for some days (reached 0.00005 BTC today) the dev funds could attract some devs, but we need a fork even before, because with current price, creating a hunter costs ~ 0.00005 * 200 * 615USD = 6.15$.... way too much.... and any destruct attempt cost 0.615$ ... so the more the price rise up, the more the game is for the elite (and currently i see that always the same persons play it)

P.S.
TBH If I ever found the time, I think I'd fork the coin because the other aspect that's hard to handle is that discussions take too much time to reach any consensus and there are even very few persons involved actively in consensus decision, it's a pity and this causes the project fossilization
Alternative GUI client for Huntercoin http://www.mithrilman.com
HUC donation: HMSCYGYJ5wo9FiniVU4pXWGUu8E8PSmoHE
BTC donation: 1DKLf1QKAZ5njucq37pZhMRG67qXDP3vPC

sirwagginston

• View Profile
« Reply #2 on: October 10, 2016, 10:38:54 PM »
"gameFund" : 1159624.34093456,
"height" : 1422789,

This is a lot of coins relative to total supply. How it is distributed will have a significant impact on the ecosystem.

What are the current thoughts on how and when to start using the gameFund?

This is an excellent point, which I have expressed privately to SnailBrain and Wiggi. Such a large gamefund could hurt the price if dropped on the market all at once, but this money is intended for gameplay utilization (not marketing or paying developers) so I doubt that will happen. I like the "coin drop" idea, myself. There are other special events we could come up with, too. I'm hoping we can manage to include some of that in the upcoming fork (see the wishlist thread), if possible

foglight

• View Profile
« Reply #3 on: October 11, 2016, 03:08:17 PM »
all good thoughts guys. thanks for the quick replies.

SirWaggs, i read up on the HF thread. i'm still thinking about it all and i'll reply with my thoughts there later.

As for the gameFund, i agree with you both that they should be distributed to the players of the game, on the map somehow.

I would like to hear Snail's thoughts on this? or perhaps you can share his general replies SirWaggs.

if he is supportive of some on-map distribution, we can go from there.

Snailbrain

• Developer
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: October 11, 2016, 08:18:29 PM »
Hi

Originally it was going to be for NPC drops and the Crown of Fortune (maybe a small percent each time goes to whomever gets/does something with the Crown)

For now there isn't a solid plan in place but i think it will just trickle into the game as per the original plan when we do come to utilise it rather than some big spends.

it's "untouchable" as those coins don't really exist, it's just a number. To utilise the coins outside of the game a fork would be required to mint some coins out of thin air and then subtract the numbers from gamestate funds number.

so no one has a private key for them to dump any coins.

all open for disucssion :)

sirwagginston

• View Profile
« Reply #5 on: October 12, 2016, 09:09:55 AM »
so no one has a private key for them to dump any coins.

That's the crucial point

foglight

• View Profile
« Reply #6 on: October 12, 2016, 02:48:33 PM »
ok back up a second...

Do these gameFund HUCs exist as part of the 48 million total supply?

Mithril Man

• View Profile
    • Mithril Man Web!
« Reply #7 on: October 12, 2016, 02:54:51 PM »
ok back up a second...

Do these gameFund HUCs exist as part of the 48 million total supply?

yes they are parts of the total supply because are the fees collected during the game (not sure about the total suppli, wasn't 42? could be wrong)
Alternative GUI client for Huntercoin http://www.mithrilman.com
HUC donation: HMSCYGYJ5wo9FiniVU4pXWGUu8E8PSmoHE
BTC donation: 1DKLf1QKAZ5njucq37pZhMRG67qXDP3vPC

foglight

• View Profile
« Reply #8 on: October 12, 2016, 03:04:25 PM »
2x btc so 42 million, my mistake.

ok. so these coins in the gameFund are scrapped off the board from the players and placed in the gameFund. the coins are real! great!

imo, these coins are for the player and should promote game play. they will eventually hit the exchange, but that is ok, it must happen.

SO... random distribution around the board, at a slightly greater than the rate they are being put in there, for now ?

Snailbrain

• Developer
    • View Profile
« Reply #9 on: October 12, 2016, 10:33:00 PM »
2x btc so 42 million, my mistake.

ok. so these coins in the gameFund are scrapped off the board from the players and placed in the gameFund. the coins are real! great!

imo, these coins are for the player and should promote game play. they will eventually hit the exchange, but that is ok, it must happen.

SO... random distribution around the board, at a slightly greater than the rate they are being put in there, for now ?

I think most people agree they are for the game itself.

Personally i'd prefer not to waste them all sprinkling them on the map, but some parts could be.

could even be some random treasure chests with a random amount of coins in them of which you don't know until you loot the box.

I prefer the NPC idea, as mentioned by MM, but maybe in the hardfork after this one?

foglight

• View Profile
« Reply #10 on: October 19, 2016, 03:10:44 PM »
treasure chests, zombies running around carrying free coins... way cool.  ;D

ok tbh, i just noticed how huge it was recently and got startled.