Author Topic: Next Hardfork  (Read 780 times)

Snailbrain

• Developer
    • View Profile
Next Hardfork
« on: June 14, 2017, 05:23:57 PM »
We are currently looking at this for options :

1. Life Span of Hunters = ~60 to 80 Blocks

2. Combat Changes >

Some Ideas:
Random Destruct Patterns (not random every block)
Colours have different attack styles

--

3. Make use of the Empty Areas

wiggi

• Global Moderator
    • View Profile
Re: Next Hardfork
« Reply #1 on: June 16, 2017, 07:26:13 PM »

The number should be lower, not much higher than 25, to make it impossible to keep the status quo (that new spawned hunters are always outnumbered on the better harvest areas) by steadily spawning 1, 2 or even 3 hunters per block, which would be easy for the dominators.

Snailbrain

• Developer
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: June 20, 2017, 12:08:48 AM »

The number should be lower, not much higher than 25, to make it impossible to keep the status quo (that new spawned hunters are always outnumbered on the better harvest areas) by steadily spawning 1, 2 or even 3 hunters per block, which would be easy for the dominators.

good point. Even at 25 blocks lifespan, players can just keep spam cycling - but it would be much more costly.

Lets say 25 or 30 then.

For combat - due to predictability and bottable-ness - imo should consider :

not showing your hand until it's too late concept - this could be considered true randomness + skill play. but at least less predictable.
like:
1. Traps  - previous concerns of it being overpowered if you have multiple hunters should be reduced due to low life span.
2. Patterns -  assign a destruct pattern - destruct, show the pattern within x blocks

good but a little time consuming atm -
Engage in a 1 v 1 combat - you get a party vs party style combat - top down, turn based. dice roll style and different attacks so it is not easily bottable.

or

Just add randomness to destruct - remove the skill factor (because there is none anyway at the moment). This could be easiest temporary solution imo.
If you destruct someone - the players are locked and cannot move - and for the next blocks they each take a random amount of dmg until one lives. by spreading it across multiple blocks it should make it harder for miners to manipulate - but in any case, it would only be a temporary solutions and gives everyone a pretty much even-ish chance.

This basically is gambling..
thinking more you will just end up with loads of hunters spawning knowing they have 50 50 chance so it wont change much

another brain dump. if you destruct you are froze for x blocks. has its flaws as well

« Last Edit: June 29, 2017, 03:24:44 AM by Snailbrain »

Snailbrain

• Developer
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: June 29, 2017, 03:27:26 AM »
25 to 30 block lifespan
+
Bring back General + 2 Hunters.

only - each hunter/general is worth something in pvp.. e.g. 50 for general, 25 for hunters.. or all equal value.

Snailbrain

• Developer
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: July 31, 2017, 06:09:08 PM »
So far confirmed for the next hardfork :

25 to 30 Block Lifespan (will despawn and coins returnedbar the 1 huc fee).
1 Hunter Creation will give General + Hunters (possibly 3 Hunters + General) - like originally designed.
General will have a higher value than Hunters.

extra stuff needs looking at :
Prevent 2 moves in memory pool from the same name - seems the bot owner is doing this on purpose or something is broken?.. (it should not allow 2 names in memory pool)
« Last Edit: August 02, 2017, 12:06:33 AM by Snailbrain »

kulakowka

• View Profile
« Reply #5 on: August 20, 2017, 08:11:13 AM »
What does the lifespan of 25 blocks mean?  For 25-30 blocks it will often be unrealistic to buy a fee of 1 HUC. Perhaps it's better to think about a maximum distance of 70-100 blocks. This will avoid collecting a lot of bot hunters in one place.

Snailbrain

• Developer
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: August 21, 2017, 01:44:36 AM »
What does the lifespan of 25 blocks mean?  For 25-30 blocks it will often be unrealistic to buy a fee of 1 HUC. Perhaps it's better to think about a maximum distance of 70-100 blocks. This will avoid collecting a lot of bot hunters in one place.

Once spawned the Hunter will live for 30 blocks.

I've discussed with wiggi also and we understand that in some cases there may not be 1 HUC to collect within 30 blocks - but it all depends - are people going to be constantly spawning over and over wasting 1 huc , if so, will their be pvp (and be more fair), if not, will there be some spawn areas with a few coins?
are people able to spawn and get 1 huc in coins now?

Could be worth increasing the lifespan to 40..

looking forward to your reply

kulakowka

• View Profile
« Reply #7 on: August 21, 2017, 11:20:36 AM »
I actively played at the very beginning of the appearance of the coin and now I have been actively playing for three weeks. And I want to say that if now there are such restrictions on the life expectancy of a hunter in 30-40 blocks, then I just stop playing. For me it will be simply unprofitable. And about pvp, then I think now it does not need to be put on the first place in the game, this is only an additional option as it was planned before. In order for pvp to become the main player in the game, it is necessary to change the entire game world, as wiggi offers in its alternative client. It is necessary to approach this very seriously.

Snailbrain

• Developer
    • View Profile
« Reply #8 on: August 21, 2017, 09:54:01 PM »
I actively played at the very beginning of the appearance of the coin and now I have been actively playing for three weeks. And I want to say that if now there are such restrictions on the life expectancy of a hunter in 30-40 blocks, then I just stop playing. For me it will be simply unprofitable. And about pvp, then I think now it does not need to be put on the first place in the game, this is only an additional option as it was planned before. In order for pvp to become the main player in the game, it is necessary to change the entire game world, as wiggi offers in its alternative client. It is necessary to approach this very seriously.

please post your suggestions Kulakowka,

How has the game play been for the last 3 weeks?

without pvp the world won't be scalable. you will have 100 hunters stood on each coin spawn.

kulakowka

• View Profile
« Reply #9 on: August 23, 2017, 10:32:24 PM »

I believe that the restrictions you set now do not need to be introduced, this will only exacerbate the situation. It will be bad for everyone.

Can make so that the life expectancy of the hunter in the central square was about 50 blocks, then it can allow different players there to collect coins.

It would be nice if the crown also disappeared after 100 blocks and appeared in another random place, so that one player could not hold it endlessly.

From the point of view of making money, everything suits me. Do not like the fact that the central region and the crown were seized by the clans adi and oku. But suggestions on this situation, I wrote above.

without pvp the world won't be scalable. you will have 100 hunters stood on each coin spawn.

With this I agree, but in the form in which the game is now, pvp will not be very attractive. Most players (not bots) prefer to avoid it and just collect coins.

Snailbrain

• Developer
    • View Profile
« Reply #10 on: August 24, 2017, 04:08:54 PM »

I believe that the restrictions you set now do not need to be introduced, this will only exacerbate the situation. It will be bad for everyone.

Can make so that the life expectancy of the hunter in the central square was about 50 blocks, then it can allow different players there to collect coins.

It would be nice if the crown also disappeared after 100 blocks and appeared in another random place, so that one player could not hold it endlessly.

From the point of view of making money, everything suits me. Do not like the fact that the central region and the crown were seized by the clans adi and oku. But suggestions on this situation, I wrote above.

With this I agree, but in the form in which the game is now, pvp will not be very attractive. Most players (not bots) prefer to avoid it and just collect coins.

the normal casual players are not moving for 8 hours across the map to get to a destination as far as i can tell.

This is mainly used from what i can see to surround and camp spawn/coin areas with multiple people.

Can you explain how you think it will make it worse?

The issues could be - being unable to collect 1 coin in 30minutes -
maybe 50 blocks would be a better number, or 70?

regarding PvP - by having 3 hunters + general , it should add a bit more complexity to the game. We are also considering different pattern attacks (chess style)