Author Topic: Responsible Botting...  (Read 40107 times)

spokanebitcoinmine

• View Profile
Re: Responsible Botting...
« Reply #15 on: June 04, 2014, 05:43:18 PM »
well something has to be done or this coin is going to flatline

spokanebitcoinmine

• View Profile
« Reply #16 on: June 04, 2014, 05:50:38 PM »
and all those things you have mentioned about your bots... we dont have it .... and its affecting the way everyone looks at huntercoin. 90% of people wont buy because they believe ts a waste of time to compete with 2000 bots hence the dropping of price all because 2 or more bot runners control the whole board... if you think about it we dont release all our diamonds or they would be worth nothing the bots are flooding the market with careless sells of coins and it is hurting all of us  to the point where most have already lost faith in huc ...... i tried to say something many times about the fact that we are murdering the value of a beautiful thing and the bots can be stopped its called stop your script put a 0 instead of 1 and use the bots you already have ... in this situation the more huc you have the less its worth should be the other way around... and this is why the world doesn't allow monopolization..... in all regards if you held you huc and we had no bots it might be worth .0035 again think about it thats 3000% price decrease come on guys lets get this shit fixed before its to late... the only way i could see to fix it is have a set amount of players or teams an address can have like 4 per color or something like that after 4 teams the wait gets progressively longer as u make more teams to help neutralize what we have created
« Last Edit: June 04, 2014, 05:53:42 PM by spokanebitcoinmine »

spokanebitcoinmine

• View Profile
« Reply #17 on: June 04, 2014, 06:01:00 PM »
and 491 392 was where i was just cleared the pocket and out of no where bgb kills me and causes me to loose 30 huc which now adays isnt shit .... with the price of huc dropping i think you should accomodate your bots to target 10 or more coins instead of rapeing everyone with coins ... makes it impossible for new players to make anything as well as players..... but if i was a new player dealing with a 9 day sync time and all the bots id say fuck trying this coin to like most people do ......which leads back to a few people controlling 80% of the coins.....  and when that happens the coins are only worth what the few bots owners that have all the coins are willing to pay or it follows what they have sold their coins for and makes it harder to have a value based off people when you only have a few people with all the huc and hence the plummet in value.. without people willing to pay this coins is a wash.... and i believe my guys name was backup.... either way i got screwed ... and if as a veteran player i cant even make 30 coins with mithril man then how do you think new players feel

spokanebitcoinmine

• View Profile
« Reply #18 on: June 04, 2014, 06:07:59 PM »
and the fact that you cant look in any pocket on any color and not see a bgb thats a little extreme to try to take all the coins as a group i have seen what we can do in pumping and dumping .... but people have to feel or be inspired by a coin to pay for it and truthfully i wouldnt pay for huc either knowing that i have almost no chance of returning with coins.....and with the value where it is the time u spend playing doesn't pay off so therefore its a lost cause...if the coin was worth more no one would care about getting less but instead we get little coin return back from what we spend and they are worth jack squatery ... we rely on the auto run back to base to help us get coins we cant play 24/7 and thats the time the bgb rain down on people is when they are returning with their hard mined coins and bam all lost....i used to be a hardcore huc believe but even im starting to see the true light behind the clouds and instead of running the board y not have your bots help make the game fun by protecting the bases and helping build colors instead of driving the coin into the ground
« Last Edit: June 04, 2014, 06:12:43 PM by spokanebitcoinmine »

BGB

• Global Moderator
    • View Profile
« Reply #19 on: June 04, 2014, 07:49:27 PM »
stop your script put a 0 instead of 1

I have already done this as of yesterday (except for the ones at the center which I will likely turn off tomorrow making them running for 1 week). They are dying off running their life cycle. Doesn't mean I won't turn some of them back on if I see something worth going after (like the build up of the green BGBT imposters).

in all regards if you held you huc

As I have posted in earlier threads, I have NOT sold off a single HUC. I don't even know what the total I have is since its strung out across dozens of wallets. The QT Client bogs down greatly from disk I/O at 20k plus transactions. So when a bot wallet reaches +20k transactions I start transferring the players to a new wallet.

the only way i could see to fix it is have a set amount of players or teams an address can have like 4 per color or something like that

It is not possible to limit bots in this way. I can run as many clients as the hardware on a PC allows me to. I have run up to 16 clients on a PC at one time. If you gave me 4 teams per color I could still run 256 bots on that PC. Disk I/O is the first bottleneck. This is mitigated by using multiple SSDs for the "datadir"s.

we cant play 24/7 and thats the time the bgb rain down on people is when they are returning with their hard mined coins and bam all lost

Of the aggressive bots some attack the coin areas and some wait for ambush. As you stated the only difference between bot and human is the 24/7 nature of this. I was doing ambushing manually from the first days the game was released. I would send out dozens of characters from each color to opposing areas and hide them behind trees. Then wait for targets to come by and ambush them.

and the fact that you cant look in any pocket on any color and not see a bgb thats a little extreme

I don't disagree with this. Before the recent red exodus the BGB bots were only about 2% of the generals on the map, now it is higher which is why I have started shutting them down to re-evaluate. There have been many times where there are more "BGB" players on the map than I am controlling. For example looking at the map right now the hundreds of BGBT guys that are green are NOT mine. They are holding thousands of coins. I do have some BGBT that are green, but only about 80 and they are dying off... I don't think its dissimilar for the other bots seeing them on the board, its just BGB are more recognizable, while the ones named "Apollo", "Phoebe", or random names stick out less.

Some of the bots I have used haven't been all that bad and have helped some people I am sure get coins. For example, somebody was lining up players in coin areas, then using an opponent to kill everybody that was AFK and use their players to pick up all the coins. Funny I didn't see any complaints about that on the forums. Anyway, I sent out bots I use for only attacking as they don't care about coins, to the coin areas to protect them from this scenario. I ran probably thousands of these bots over the course of the last couple of months at a loss as they didn't return coins (although they did recycle generals).

spokanebitcoinmine

• View Profile
« Reply #20 on: June 04, 2014, 09:30:51 PM »
well like i have said months ago the bots are killing it and no one listened i had a total of 100 bots that gathered not explode track or patrol and i killed them off because i have lost faith in huc :( as of latley .. no ones cares to help the coin just take all of it and be greedy and that is why the value is so low to be honest i think its a little to late not sure if huc can recover from this blow the name of the game is already slandered and no one believes in it any more the only way to drive up the price is to eliminate smart bots and have just afk gather bots ...... but like i said i honestly think its to late the damage is already done... what was once a good idea... goes to show people with power always fuck shit up they never know when to quite and tend to push things to far i wish people would have listend to my past post about botting and how its is affecting people like me the people actually playing the game....
« Last Edit: June 04, 2014, 09:34:47 PM by spokanebitcoinmine »

spokanebitcoinmine

• View Profile
« Reply #21 on: June 04, 2014, 09:33:20 PM »
and when you add a computer that never makes a mistake against people  90% of the time the computer will win .... its a fucking computer lol ..... the fact is .. is that to few people have access to what you guys have and that is whats is killing it people abusing the power and not keeping a balance you think bitcoin became 640$ because a few people had all of them i mean come on its common trading knowledge that you need the people on your side

spokanebitcoinmine

• View Profile
« Reply #22 on: June 04, 2014, 09:36:39 PM »
and if it is going to turn into a bot war help the community of players get some smart bots going to instead of killing off all of the people that are actually playing ... buy driving them away with greed

spokanebitcoinmine

• View Profile
« Reply #23 on: June 04, 2014, 09:38:41 PM »
todays value is significantly  lower than when i wrote this and no one listened just told me bots are always gonna be in the game yes thats understandable but dont abuse the power like the main bot users have

all the bots that are in the game are fine its the ones that kill you like bgbt bots that track you for anything more than .96 of a coin i have been playing since day 1 and the game is def fading and the game is no longer fun to play when your getting killed with 1.6 coins by bgbt bots..... bots are fine but lock down an area and let the rest of the players have some coins to .... the sheer fact that people are flooding the game with bots and not giving a shit about the real people who support the game is complete bullshit... its like they have the cheat codes to the game and we have to just sit and deal with it and keep pumping money into something with a close to nothing return now ..... people with the bots need to step back and try to play the game against what they have created and they will so understand how fucked it is to have your asshole bots all over the board pick a pocket and protect that but allow the players to have some part of the map where they can play without being tracked and assassinated with close to no coins the bgb bots are everywhere so much for responsible botting people like the ones in the middle and the ones who rape all other players for .96 coins is fucked how are we supposed to fight back when we actually have to control all our guys without the computer making moves for us.... if you want this coin to grow you cant monopolize it u have to allow others to enjoy and believe in it to..... but with assholes trolling the board on every color makes the game worthless to the people who you need it to matter most to the people with all the bitcoin willing to pump it into this game but not with the fuck sticks running the board the way it is now me and most everyone else will spend our btc on something more worth while until people start to realize the bots are nice but its us as the people who control the price and the value has dropped 30x since bots were introduced.... the value used to be .0035 now .00031 big difference hopefully people will pull their heads out their asses and work as a community not a back stabbing bitch fest of asshole bots running the board chasing out all new players and human players to the point to where the board is over run by bots and the only people that will be playing are the ones who got the bot compiling to work and fuck the rest of us .... pretty fucked up when someone has to bring all the card to the table to possible get a new view on how to make this coin worth something i wont even tell anyone about it cuz of the fucked bots controlling the map why advertise a system thats broken ..... so if your like me and cant stand the bullshit that has flooded that game lets work together to make the game more fun for everyone ....... with that being said i hope someone realizes something needs to change so that this coin doesn't become just a fart in the wind like the path that its on

spokanebitcoinmine

• View Profile
« Reply #24 on: June 04, 2014, 09:41:31 PM »
https://poloniex.com/exchange/btc_huc has no one noticed ..... i mean seriously doge coin has a community .... dark coin even fucking pot coin where the fuck is ours guys seriously

BGB

• Global Moderator
    • View Profile
« Reply #25 on: June 04, 2014, 09:43:38 PM »
You have very logical points and I am not disagreeing. It doesn't take bots though to seize control. Although I think players looked at the chinese center control and believed they were bots. Maybe they were, but I have my doubts they were. If they were they weren't very good ones at that. You could walk right over a bunch of them until getting destructed. A real bot wouldn't allow you to do that. What they had though was a group of people working together to control the area. Snailbrain for a long time has been talking about people getting together but they don't.

The upcoming changes will impact me greatly, but I support them. Most of my play is around using the characters to attack with. They will be gone. With the increase in price there is no way I dump 500 bots on the game at a cost of 10K HUC and see what happens, especially with the plague. I will need to recode and rethink things and see how the game evolves again.

Mithral Man will likely be adding bots to his client. This is why I have mostly refrained from putting more things out. Mithral Man obviously is a very competent developer and is a much more butter GUI designer than I could ever be.

« Last Edit: June 04, 2014, 09:47:31 PM by BGB »

spokanebitcoinmine

• View Profile
« Reply #26 on: June 04, 2014, 09:46:29 PM »
You could walk right over a bunch of them until getting destructed. A real bot wouldn't allow you to do that. What they had though was a group of people working together to control the area. Snailbrain for a long time has been talking about people getting together but they don't.

The upcoming changes will impact me greatly, but I support them. Most of my play is around using the characters to attack with. They will be gone. With the increase in price there is no way I dump 500 bots on the game at a cost of 10K HUC and see what happens, especially with the plague. I will need to recode and rethink of things and see how the game evolves again.

Mithral Man will likely be adding bots to his client. This is why I have mostly refrained from putting more things out. Mithral Man obviously is a very competent developer and is a much more butter GUI designer than I could ever be.

and thats fine but as a community we need to work together to keep a good true value to huc .... and when you can actually take yourself and put yourself in the views of the people the ones who give huc its value and make a team and try to play against your bots all day and see as a player how hard it is to even scrape up enough coin to make your 10 hours day of playing even worth a fart in the wind...... i have tried multiple time to get people together but the fact is no matter who is playing the people that are giving huc its value are the ones who only have under 100 huc and are buying and trading them just to continue playing the game..... when new people don't want to buy in and all the old people are chased out the value falls because its just a hand full of people who have enough btc to buy most the huc people are selling for dirt cheap.... i remember when people actually talked in the chatroom..... now not even a word something needs to be done or huc is going to flatline and not gradual it needs to be done soon or huc will fail... and thats y we believed in huc is because allot of us don't have allot of money to blow on bitcoin miners and compete with them  so we invest time to make alittle btc off huc but we are robbed of that to if this was bitcoin and the value went down over 300% the fucking world would stop revolving to tell everyone about it thats a significant decrease in value and doesn't look good for future players and investors and for the walking into middle to take out middle most players dont have enough coins to risk 50 coins to take out middle only to have none of them get any coins back ... thats where the players stand who wants to risk that when the rewards are so slim and even if we made it out of middle with coins we would be tracked and killed by your bots on the way back any ways so whats the point
« Last Edit: June 04, 2014, 10:00:21 PM by spokanebitcoinmine »

spokanebitcoinmine

• View Profile
« Reply #27 on: June 04, 2014, 10:04:09 PM »
you cant become a success having only a few succeed the whole community and coin need to succeed...... and the people have to believe its worth their time sad to say my time for huc is getting very slim on top of that we have to pay 1 huc a day to use something to fight back against all bots which adds to the melting pot... and i understand your not disagreeing but you have to admit its gone a little to far on all of the bot owners parts.. and thats why the coin is dying is because we cant compete with a computer that runs 24/7 let alone multiple computers that are constantly killing all other players ....and think about it has getting more coins easier and faster done anything for the value of huc..... no it has just caused it to fall greatly ... i remember when i got 100 coins in one day that was almost 100$ especially when the coin was worth .0035 * 100 .35btc for 100 huc those were the good old days instead of having to make 6500 huc in a day to be equivalent at current value normally i wouldn't  have said a word but i wont let this coin go down without a fight
« Last Edit: June 04, 2014, 10:18:15 PM by spokanebitcoinmine »

Mithril Man

• View Profile
    • Mithril Man Web!
« Reply #28 on: June 04, 2014, 10:29:25 PM »
just a note:
i've read around people complaining about gaining nothing respect to first days, etc...
ok, bot won the first round. bot can't be eliminated, technically speaking, and shoud be considered part of the game, this is why my attempt is to bring "bot features" to everyone

having said that, consider even that the more player will play, less "free" coin can be gathered from the game (every block generate 7 hucs in the game, 1 or 1000000 players it doesn't matter) and so there will be loosers and winners: the coin that someone will be able to gather, will be part of another player investment
so thinking about an happy world where everybody gain money playing huntercoin, couldn't be considered a reality, because the "best player" will win.

in a theorical world where huntercoin succeed, there will be players who would will live thanks to the game, and people who just try to gamble playing some for fun or whatever, and maybe just lose

of course i can't predict the future and hopefully huntercoin will go thoward a kind of competitive game, there will be some kind of marketing around, with sponsors, etc... who knows

But for sure it's better to think about playing a game that could bring you some money, rather than playing to win everyday, and my effort is to try to make huntercoin more enjoyable and "fair"
« Last Edit: June 04, 2014, 10:34:24 PM by Mithril Man »
Alternative GUI client for Huntercoin http://www.mithrilman.com
HUC donation: HMSCYGYJ5wo9FiniVU4pXWGUu8E8PSmoHE
BTC donation: 1DKLf1QKAZ5njucq37pZhMRG67qXDP3vPC

BGB

• Global Moderator
    • View Profile
« Reply #29 on: June 04, 2014, 10:33:04 PM »
just a note:
i've read around people complaining about gaining nothing respect to first days, etc...
ok, bot won the first round. bot can't be eliminated, technically speaking, and shoud be considered part of the game, this is why my attempt is to bring "bot features" to everyone

having said that, consider even that the more player will play, less "free" coin can be gathered from the game (every block generate 7 hucs in the game, 1 or 1000000 players it doesn't matter) and so there will be loosers and winners: the coin that someone will be able to gather, will be part of another player investment
so thinking about an happy world where everybody gain money playing huntercoin, couldn't be considered a reality, because the "best player" will win.

in a theorical world where huntercoin succeed, there will be players who'd could live thanks to the game, and people who just try to gamble playing some or having fun or whatever, and maybe just lose

Yes, and lets just say the destruct button went away (its what separates human from bot) and the price of general was 20 HUC. Everybody would be AFK on coin spawns earning fractions of a coin per day... Nobody would win then, except maybe the miners I suppose.