Author Topic: Client not synching and downloading blockchain.  (Read 2367 times)

redbeans2012

Client not synching and downloading blockchain.
« on: January 23, 2015, 06:04:48 PM »
I just got a new computer after my old one got fried.  Anyways downloaded QT and it wouldn't connect anywhere to start synching the blockchain.

The MM client on the other hand did start downloading the blockchain right away.

BGB

• Global Moderator
    • View Profile
Re: Client not synching and downloading blockchain.
« Reply #1 on: January 23, 2015, 06:08:47 PM »
I think that would have to be coincidence as MM relies on QT/Daemon for downloading the chain. Maybe a restart worked itself out if you closed QT and run daemon for MM.

redbeans2012

« Reply #2 on: January 23, 2015, 07:16:26 PM »
I think that would have to be coincidence as MM relies on QT/Daemon for downloading the chain. Maybe a restart worked itself out if you closed QT and run daemon for MM.

When I get home I will try synothing the rest of the way with qt and see what happens.

redbeans2012

« Reply #3 on: January 23, 2015, 08:41:47 PM »
Ok so I'm home and I tried and now the QT does sync and work. 

Its really odd though.  I tried for hours to get the QT started and it just wouldn't connect.  I restarted my computer multiple times, played with firewalls etc. Right when I start MM client it started syncing.

If you think its a coincidence then I guess it was.  (shrug)

Mithril Man

• View Profile
    • Mithril Man Web!
« Reply #4 on: January 23, 2015, 11:50:25 PM »
i don't remember if my current downloadable client version has default settings that put an IP as a node, maybe that was helping giving a starting point to discover the rest
Alternative GUI client for Huntercoin http://www.mithrilman.com
HUC donation: HMSCYGYJ5wo9FiniVU4pXWGUu8E8PSmoHE
BTC donation: 1DKLf1QKAZ5njucq37pZhMRG67qXDP3vPC

BGB

• Global Moderator
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: January 24, 2015, 12:04:02 AM »
i don't remember if my current downloadable client version has default settings that put an IP as a node, maybe that was helping giving a starting point to discover the rest

Yes, that would make more sense if you add some extra nodes other than the default or IRC.

redbeans2012

« Reply #6 on: January 24, 2015, 02:49:12 PM »
Do you guys think this could be a  problem? If I didn't have the MM client and I was new I would have quit pretty quickly.

:P

BGB

• Global Moderator
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: January 24, 2015, 08:25:46 PM »
Yes, I have mentioned in other places on the forum about this, and was wondering if the primary node was full or having a problem? Of course as things have thinned the network nodes have reduced. I added a node that can be used in addnode because I was having problems myself. I had problems today with a QT that stopped synching. When I restarted it, I noticed some old clients out there still on the network, and still it did not resynch. I checked the huntercoin.conf and it did not have my node in it. I added it and it started working again.

domob

• Developer
    • View Profile
« Reply #8 on: January 25, 2015, 08:15:54 AM »
You can also addnode these IPs, which I run:

They also run testnet clients.  I'm not sure if they have free connections, though, as I've restricted the number of connections to 30.  But you can try.
Use your Namecoin-ID as OpenID: https://nameid.org/
Donations: 1domobKsPZ5cWk2kXssD8p8ES1qffGUCm | HBkxA5QmYSATFoPN1wFk8eBkgwPpY97Mfu

Snailbrain

• Developer
    • View Profile
Re: Client not synching and downloading blockchain
« Reply #9 on: November 22, 2016, 08:32:36 PM »
So what happens during the swap with coins if you cant send your old COL through the blockchain?

what do you mean?